Author Topic: Timeline  (Read 10316 times)

Find_Jennifer

• View Profile
Timeline
« on: April 05, 2010, 12:08:59 AM »
Found this timeline in regards to Jenn's case on websleuths. Notice the information regarding an uncomfortable situation a woman had about 4 weeks before Jennifer went missing. This woman, Melissa Toot, was visiting a friend who lived at Jenn's complex and was approached by a worker who made her feel extremely uncomfortable.

"Melissa Toot said she was questioned by a detective about an unsettling encounter at Jennifer?s Mosaic condominium complex, less than four weeks before Jennifer?s disappearance. Melissa, who was in Orlando from Chicago, visited the condominium complex's fitness center, and a friend of Jennifer?s said Jennifer did frequently work out there. Toot said that she had an encounter with an apparent workman that was so frightening she said she felt the need to leave immediately. "He kept staring and smiling and asking all these questions about what I was doing," Toot said. Toot said the man appeared to be working on the fitness center's front door until he became interested in her as she worked out alone. "I said, 'I love working out,' and he said, 'I can tell,'" Toot said. "Not just like any normal guy ... it made my skin crawl." Toot said she excused herself to go in to the cardio room and then bolted out of the building. "I couldn't tell you why it was so weird except it felt so wrong and so uncomfortable," Toot said. There's not enough detail in the person-of-interest photos released Saturday to know if he might be the man who approached Kesse, Toot said."

General Background Info

Jennifer went missing on Jan 24, 2006 in Orlando, FL
Jennifer was 24 years old in Jan 2006; 5-foot-8, 135 pounds, green eyes
Jennifer?s car was a black 4 door Chevy Malibu.
Jennifer lived at Mosaic Millenia condos for 2 months: Bldg 22, Unit 2226 (condo is on 2nd floor with an open entrance to the exterior); 3573 Conroy Road, Orlando, FL 32839
Mosaic Developer: Millenia Luxury Condominiums, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (2601 South Bayshore Drive, Suite 200, Miami, FL ? AKA Key Realty Advisors)
Association: Mosaic at Millenia Condominium Association, Inc.
Master Association: Tradition Property Owner?s Association, Inc.
Management of the Property - KW Property Management, LLC

Timeline

End of Nov, 2005 ? Jan, 2006

Jennifer moved into condo at Mosaic.
There was extensive remodeling going on at the complex, including some work in Jennifer?s own unit, and Jennifer had complained to her family that some of the workers were making her feel uncomfortable. Asked what she said, Joyce says, "They would stop and stare. ?Leering stares is what she would say." "Were these guys mostly day workers?" Van Sant asks. "It was large groups of crews that had traveled together. And many of them were staying right there in several of the units in the complex itself," Wright says. In fact, of the 447 units in Jennifer?s complex, only 250 were occupied at the time, and workers were allowed to live in the empty units. But Sgt. Brennan said tracing these people is "extremely difficult." (ref 48 Hours)
It was rumored that the work crew was made up mostly of illegal aliens.
The guard gate at Mosaic was kept in an upright/open position because of all the workers coming and going at the time. The complex fence only went about ? of the way around the property.
There was not 24-hour security. The guard did not take down license plate numbers, stop or question anyone entering or leaving the property.
Jennifer carried mace, a whistle and used ?safe calls.? Jennifer?s mother later said that Jennifer?s cell phone was never turned off. (Note: Safe calls described as being on the phone with somebody while walking from the store to her car, her car to home.)
Rob Allen said in the 12 months they had been dating, they talked periodically throughout the day every day, every night before Jen went to bed, every morning before, when Jen woke up. It was their routine. Jennifer always woke up before Rob. She had to go to work before he did. So every day she would either call him just to say, Good morning, Have a great day, or just text him to wish him a great day, love you, that type of thing.

Saturday/Sunday, Jan 21 and 22, 2006

Jennifer and her boyfriend Robert Allen were in St. Croix on vacation, returning to Rob?s in Ft. Lauderdale on Sunday.
Jennifer?s younger brother Logan and several of his friends stay at Jennifer?s condo over the weekend while she was away. Logan?s friend left his cell phone in Jennifer?s condo.

Monday, Jan 23, 2006

~6:00AM - Jennifer left her Rob?s and drove directly to work at Westgate Resorts in Ocoee, FL. She worked a full day and left work at about 6PM.
PM - Jennifer spoke to her parents; she also spoke to her brother Logan. He said everything was normal ? she told him about her trip ? she seemed happy. She also spoke to Logan?s friend about shipping his cell phone back to him.
9:57PM ? Jennifer called her boyfriend Rob. Jennifer was in bed, was tired from the vacation, and had a long day at work. They talked briefly ? they both said they missed each other and were looking forward to the next time they were going to spend with each other.

Tuesday, Jan 24, 2006

7:17AM ? Sunrise in Orlando (temperature was in the low 60?s)
~7:00-8:00AM ? Construction/maintenance/painters/landscapers workers usually start work
~7:30-7:45AM ? Jennifer usually left for work. (Notes: Jennifer worked at Westgate Resorts in Ocoee, FL, which is NE of her condos, about 13 miles and 16 minutes driving time. She may have left a little earlier than usual to mail/drop Logan?s friend?s call phone. Jennifer would have had her keys, brown purse containing her wallet, ID, ATM card, an iPod, her cell phone, her brother?s friend?s cell, and a briefcase. On Jennifer?s floor only 2 out of the 4 condos were occupied ? and her neighbor was not in town. Drew Kesse said that every Tuesday, landscapers worked at the condo complex near his daughter's parking space. The landscapers said they didn't see Kesse leaving her apartment and getting into her car, which she did every weekday morning between 7:30 and 7:45 a.m.)
Time? Rob was running a little late for work, so he called Jennifer on the way into work but just got her voicemail. (Note: Jennifer always called Rob or text messaged him every morning, but she didn't that morning for the first time.)
~10-11:00? Rob had a meeting at 9AM. After the meeting, he called Jennifer again, and once again he got her voice-mail, which he thought was odd.
11:15 When Jennifer failed to show up for a meeting at work, her employer at Westgate Resorts couldn't reach her on her cell phone or at home, so they called her parents (ref CNN LKL). Jennifer?s mother called Jennifer at home and on her cell phone but it went right to voicemail. Jennifer?s mother/father called Rob to notify him that she hadn?t shown up for work.
12:00 Noon - Suspect parked Jennifer?s car at the Hunterdon on the Green condo complex, which is about 1 mile (2-5 min driving time and about 15 min walking time) from Jennifer?s condo. Suspect walked by gated pool area. (Notes: The time stamp on the photos are 1 hour later than the real time the photos were taken ? ref Orlando Sentinel. Suspect would have had Jennifer?s keys at that time.)
~1:00PM? Jennifer?s parents and her brother Logan left to drive the 2 hours from Bradenton, FL to Jennifer?s.
~1-3:00PM? While driving to Orlando, Jennifer?s mother called the condominium complex and asked if they could send some management to check out Jennifer?s condo.
~1-3:00PM? Two condo managers went over to Jennifer?s. Jennifer?s car was not parked in her space. The management then entered Jennifer?s condo. The door had been locked and nothing was disturbed.
~3:00PM? Jennifer?s parents and Logan arrived at Jennifer?s. There was nothing amiss in her condo - make-up out on the counter, hair dryer, what Jennifer wore to bed the night before on the bathroom floor, bed not made, a couple of outfits strewn on her bed, typical for Jen according to her mother. "Clean apartment. Shower was wet. Blow dryer out. Clothes on her bed. Other than that, the apartment was completely normal." There were no signs of forced entry, and no signs of a struggle. Jen's luggage was still in the front hall, untouched. But her purse, her keys, the cell phone(s), and iPod, which she always kept with her, were missing.
~3:00PM? Jennifer?s parents notify police after not finding her at home. They were met at Jennifer?s by both OC sheriff deputies and OPD deputies. Deputies asked Jennifer?s parents how old Jennifer was ? her parents replied ?twenty-four.? Deputies said ?She probably had a meltdown or a fight with her boyfriend. She?ll be back.? And they left. (Ref Drew/Joyce Kesse, Orlando Sentinel video.)
~3:30-5:00PM? Construction and maintenance workers at Mosaic finish work for the day
4:00PM ? Family/friends had fliers made and being distributed within the immediate area of her condominium
PM - Detectives checked for activity on her ATM card and "pinged" her phone to pinpoint its location. There was no response.
7:00PM - Police Sergeant Roger Brennan says they entered her into the system as a missing person and issued an alert for both Jennifer and her car. (Be On the Lookout - B.O.L.O. report issued at 9PM per Joyce Kesse ? Ref Orlando Sentinel video.)
Police could not search all of the units in Jennifer's complex because many were privately owned.

Wednesday, Jan 25, 2006

It was rumored that more than half the Mosaic work crew disappeared in the days after Jennifer vanished. (ref Drew Kesse, Daily Commercial)

Thursday, Jan 26, 2006

8:10AM ? Woman in HOTG noticed Jennifer?s car in parking lot after seeing it on the news and called police.

Car was found parked between a white Dodge pickup and a Jeep Cherokee.
Area described as a drug and high crime area and ?not nice part of town.?
The amount of gas in Jennifer's car seemed to indicate that her car wasn't driven very far on Tues morning. The gas tank was about half full, which police indicated was about right for a drive from Fort Lauderdale to Ocoee (where she worked) and then back home to the Mosaic.
The car doors were locked and the car keys were not found.
Jennifer?s DVD player was found in the backseat of the car. (Unknown whether she had it in her car for some reason already but detectives said it didn?t appear to be a robbery.)

In the car there was no sign of a struggle. (Note: Later report in May 2007 and Drew said in Dec 2008 there was a latent fingerprint and ?possible? DNA evidence found in the car but there had not yet been a match in any database searches.)
Any and all evidence inside the car was sent for further analysis to crime labs operated by the FBI and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

LE did a door-to-door knock-and-talk.
LE did a track with some bloodhounds from Jennifer?s car at HOTG.
An Orange County sheriff?s bloodhound (named Bo) followed a scent from the car back more than a mile to Jennifer?s condo complex. The trail bypassed the complex's only entrance and led to a stretch of fence separating the public sidewalk from its private grounds. Once the 6-year-old bloodhound entered the grounds, the dog picked up the scent inside the fence and went directly to a staircase leading to Kesse's second-floor condominium (ref St. Petersburg Times, Tampabay.com, Jan 27, 2006). Note: One report said the scent led to the front door of Jennifer?s condo and another report said it led to Jennifer?s parking spot. Drew said in CNN interview Dec 08 that the trail went back to her condo building. LE said in 48 Hours program the trail went back to Jennifer?s complex.
About 15 police officers searched the woods that afternoon behind Jennifer's condo.
cloudajo
08-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Timeline, cont'd - Part 2 of 2

Saturday, Jan 28, 2006

LE went back to both complexes to try to make contact with people who may not have been there during the weekday hours.

Thurs, Feb 2, 2006

Police, on foot and horseback, performed a grid search. Location was behind the DeVry Institute of Technology on Millenia Boulevard, not far from Jennifer?s condo on Conroy Road.
Kesse family establish website.

Sat, Feb 4, 2006 (12 days had elapsed)

Orlando police released two photos of a person walking past a gate at HOTG at the corner of Texas Avenue and Americana Boulevard. They say this is a ?person of interest? only (in one interview LE says the POI may have ?seen? the person driving Jennifer?s car). (Note: Although LE had the video showing this person ?driving? Jennifer?s car, they made a decision at the time not to release that information to the public, thinking they had a better chance of someone coming forward if only stated as a POI.)
More than 1,000 people volunteered to search for Jennifer.

Feb 6, 2006

Orlando police said they were getting tips from people who saw video images of a person sought as "a person of interest" in Jennifer?s case.
?We are also asking the public when they look at the image to reflect back on the time frame before and after Jan. 24, 2006 (at) 1200 noon of anyone they may have seen in the area of Texas Avenue and American Boulevard who may match the description provided."

Feb 7, 2006

Police searched for evidence at the abandoned Delta Orlando Resort, on Vineland Road near the intersection of I-4 and the Florida Turnpike. An Orlando police spokeswoman said vacant rooms were searched by members of the emergency response team and dogs trained to find dead bodies. No evidence was found.

Feb 8, 2006

Police revealed they conducted a lie-detector test on at least one person in connection with the disappearance of Jennifer.
Melissa Toot said she was questioned by a detective about an unsettling encounter at Jennifer?s Mosaic condominium complex, less than four weeks before Jennifer?s disappearance. Melissa, who was in Orlando from Chicago, visited the condominium complex's fitness center, and a friend of Jennifer?s said Jennifer did frequently work out there. Toot said that she had an encounter with an apparent workman that was so frightening she said she felt the need to leave immediately. "He kept staring and smiling and asking all these questions about what I was doing," Toot said. Toot said the man appeared to be working on the fitness center's front door until he became interested in her as she worked out alone. "I said, 'I love working out,' and he said, 'I can tell,'" Toot said. "Not just like any normal guy ... it made my skin crawl." Toot said she excused herself to go in to the cardio room and then bolted out of the building. "I couldn't tell you why it was so weird except it felt so wrong and so uncomfortable," Toot said. There's not enough detail in the person-of-interest photos released Saturday to know if he might be the man who approached Kesse, Toot said.

Feb 9, 2006

Orlando police announced that the clothes in the photos shown of the "person of interest" might be darker than they appear. Many people saw it and thought the person was wearing white or at the least very light clothing. But police say that light to medium colors can appear white to light gray in a black-and-white photo.
Greta Van Susteren from Fox News' On the Record in town to do a piece on the case.

Feb 11, 2006

Over 500 people scoured the area looking for Jennifer.
Search was along major roads in the vicinity of where Jenn lived and where her car was found. Looked for clothing, a wallet, purse/pocketbook, cell phone, identification and/or keys belonging to Jennifer, that may have been on the side of the road, a sidewalk or in the grass or wooded area immediately next to the roadway.

Feb 14, 2006

Reported that the FBI is assisting Orlando police. "They're gonna do some proportion work and try to give us a sensible range of the person's height," said Sgt. Rich Ring, OPD. "The source that we used for the enhancement is renowned and they've given us what they can give us as far as the clarity on that particular video," Sgt. Ring said. (Note: Drew advised later that the pictures were from a 30 yr old camera, were sent to NASA for work and also to Walmart's Missing Persons division where they do photo work too.)

Feb 21, 2006

Orlando Police announced in a news conference that the "person of interest" is between 5-foot-3 and 5-foot-5. They are not able to ascertain his -- his or her weight or ascertain his or her shoe size. They say they are still not specifying a gender because the information on the photographs is not specific enough.

April 24, 2006

David Siegel put up $250,000 as a reward for the safe return of Jennifer.

May 17, 2007 (over 15 months had elapsed)

LE announced publicly that person previously identified as a ?POI? is actually a ?Suspect? and confirms full video showed him driving Jennifer?s car. (They hoped the person they identified only as "a POI" previously might come forward if he/she didn't know police had video of the car being parked.)
OPD have fingerprint and possible DNA evidence from inside Jennifer Kesse's car. But so far that evidence does not match anyone in criminal databases (see References for video) (Note: News anchor on video says ?Cops say the have found a fingerprint and possible DNA from the person in the video? e.g., the suspect. Detective Wright advised in 2009 on HLN that they don?t have enough DNA for a profile.)

April 3, 2008

OPD released two new photos: one showing Jennifer?s four-leaf clover tattoo (on her left hip, about size of a quarter) and a brown purse she was believed to be carrying when abducted.

August 6, 2008

OPD assigned detective full-time to Jennifer?s case.

Sandy

• View Profile
Re: Timeline
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 04:39:12 AM »
f_j - great synopsis of Jennifer's abduction.  Thank you for laying it out for us like this, it is a good refresher to energize our ideas!  You put a lot of work into this.  Thank you!

bill - will get started on some maps asap!

Find_Jennifer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 08:14:45 AM »
Just want to clarify it's not my summary...I found it on Websleuths. All I did was copy/paste lol.

Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 07:12:29 PM »
F_J, I agree with Sandy, thanks, even tho you copied it, it really does help to put things back in perspective. Im beginning to believe one of the workers snatched her. I will be on here more after next week, My job is going belly up and I am gonna join many on the unemployment scene. So, I will have a lot more time to spend on this.

Sandy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 07:35:47 PM »
Oh no! Sorry to hear about your misfortune with your job, Dan! 

Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 07:45:01 PM »
Well, its ok, I will survive, the worst thing is I will lose my new truck, I can afford my house and things, just not the truck, but I kept my older one in case something ever happened, lol, thank god I did. Thanks Sandy....

BillM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 09:18:14 PM »
Great read: Only one or two points I would question based on what Drew has said (more than once)

First Jennifer was not a work out person..Drew seems as sure as he can be on that point..so why would she have been described as a regular user of the fitness fcility at Mosaic? And had she seen even one el-creepo as Ms. Toot has reported, Jennifer would not have returned to that gym, and she would have told Rob or her Dad about that specific encounter. So a minor red flag that she claims Jennifere was a regular gym work-outer..When would she have had time to do that, anyhow? The girl was work work work and spend the rest of her time with Rob.

Does anybody know the date of Jennifer's firt time out with Rob? That would help put a focus on the timeline, which is an interesting read...

Still, it is a real possiblilty that she (Melissa) got a clear look at the POI or his accomplice..why was she not asked to help create a drawing, complete with height, estimated weight, hair/eye color, the whole deal?? Another huge blunder. Instead of trying to get her to say if the dude matches the HOG footage, just have her work with an artist..duh!!!

The other point has to do with where Bo had to stop..according to Drew, Bo got mixed up the closer he got to the front door, the more the rival scents obscured the trail..but it did seen to lead to the front of her condo, just not into the stairwell

Thanks for the post!

Find_Jennifer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 10:25:49 PM »
Sorry to hear about your job, Dan. That is rough.

I agree Bill, they should have had Melissa describe this person in a sketch...at least there would be something to go off.

I have always been REALLY surprised that Jennifer did not work out. I mean the girl has the perfect body!!! How could she have that and not work out?? I want to know her secret!! Is it possible that when Drew said Jennifer is not a "work out person," that he means someone who works out 7 days a week, really gets into it? Perhaps Jennifer worked out 2 - 3 times a week and maybe used Mosaic's fitness center to do that. It seems to me that at one point someone said Jennifer would sometimes go to her old complex to use their fitness center...does anyone else recall this?

larryw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 05:22:41 AM »
As I remember it the guy who freaked Melissa Toot was checked out and nothing came of it.
Detectives swoop on that kind of information.

I have heard conflicting information on Jennifer's fitness regime but I do think her father would have a pretty good idea so I'll go with BillM's thoughts on that.
You don't have to be a fitness fanatic to be trim, taught and terrific.  Just eat well!
I need to listen to my own advice. ;D

BillM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 07:34:43 PM »
Me too, Larry on what to eat and not and how much! I used to put away a half dozen, or more, donuts single handedly, double chocolate, so I kind of giggled at the Krispie Cream scenario..but no idea is too wild to run by Danny..he told me that very recently a gator came after one of his dogs on a search and he shot across body at it (and missed) but just about put his ears out from the noise..he is really a cool guy and takes all of our ideas very seriously, even when he takes them apart...

But Drew actually said that Jennifer was too "girly girly" to do the sweat and grind gym routine..hardly even owned a decent pair of sneakers..hpowever, she did OCCASIONALLY do the tanning bed thing, but not a regular, by any means...

Saw a reportage two nights ago on the Eurochanel about a pervert (Midwestern USA) who had kept two teenage boys in his apartment for up to FOUR AND A HALF YEARS before he was apprehended...The one boy was about to be killed when he promised his captor to never even try to escape and to become his "son." (i.e. sex slave) It saved his life.

What sprung it all was that locals and FBI were looking for a vehicle, white pick up truck with a definite rust line..until they found the suspect's..after pushing him to search his apartment, he finally caved in and confessed....

In Jennifer's case, of course, the only vehicle was hers and the only identifying point we have is the POI..That's what makes it so tough...But she could be still out there, captive against her will, but now cooperating just to survive...

But let's keep searching for her in a five mile radius, and  in the meantime, something may and will hopefully happen to give us more info...

And let's keep praying for answers.

wb

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 11:50:08 AM »
I am so sorry to hear about your job Misfortune Dan,  I hope that everything is going to worlkk nout for you.  your be in my prayers as well.

Sefora

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 10:32:51 PM »
Thx f-j the timeline was very informative.
BillM..has danny ever mentioned checking lakes? The one behind mosaic? And also there's a huge lake behind home depot off from millenia blvd.
Thinking like a criminal I think a lake would be far more easy to hide anything compared to the ground where trained dogs can find things.

Find_Jennifer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 11:44:48 AM »
Hey Sefora!!! Glad you are back!! :)

Sandy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 09:40:02 PM »
Found this timeline in regards to Jenn's case on websleuths. Notice the information regarding an uncomfortable situation a woman had about 4 weeks before Jennifer went missing. This woman, Melissa Toot, was visiting a friend who lived at Jenn's complex and was approached by a worker who made her feel extremely uncomfortable.

"Melissa Toot said she was questioned by a detective about an unsettling encounter at Jennifer?s Mosaic condominium complex, less than four weeks before Jennifer?s disappearance. Melissa, who was in Orlando from Chicago, visited the condominium complex's fitness center, and a friend of Jennifer?s said Jennifer did frequently work out there. Toot said that she had an encounter with an apparent workman that was so frightening she said she felt the need to leave immediately. "He kept staring and smiling and asking all these questions about what I was doing," Toot said. Toot said the man appeared to be working on the fitness center's front door until he became interested in her as she worked out alone. "I said, 'I love working out,' and he said, 'I can tell,'" Toot said. "Not just like any normal guy ... it made my skin crawl." Toot said she excused herself to go in to the cardio room and then bolted out of the building. "I couldn't tell you why it was so weird except it felt so wrong and so uncomfortable," Toot said. There's not enough detail in the person-of-interest photos released Saturday to know if he might be the man who approached Kesse, Toot said."

General Background Info

Jennifer went missing on Jan 24, 2006 in Orlando, FL
Jennifer was 24 years old in Jan 2006; 5-foot-8, 135 pounds, green eyes
Jennifer?s car was a black 4 door Chevy Malibu.
Jennifer lived at Mosaic Millenia condos for 2 months: Bldg 22, Unit 2226 (condo is on 2nd floor with an open entrance to the exterior); 3573 Conroy Road, Orlando, FL 32839
Mosaic Developer: Millenia Luxury Condominiums, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (2601 South Bayshore Drive, Suite 200, Miami, FL ? AKA Key Realty Advisors)
Association: Mosaic at Millenia Condominium Association, Inc.
Master Association: Tradition Property Owner?s Association, Inc.
Management of the Property - KW Property Management, LLC

Timeline

End of Nov, 2005 ? Jan, 2006

Jennifer moved into condo at Mosaic.
There was extensive remodeling going on at the complex, including some work in Jennifer?s own unit, and Jennifer had complained to her family that some of the workers were making her feel uncomfortable. Asked what she said, Joyce says, "They would stop and stare. ?Leering stares is what she would say." "Were these guys mostly day workers?" Van Sant asks. "It was large groups of crews that had traveled together. And many of them were staying right there in several of the units in the complex itself," Wright says. In fact, of the 447 units in Jennifer?s complex, only 250 were occupied at the time, and workers were allowed to live in the empty units. But Sgt. Brennan said tracing these people is "extremely difficult." (ref 48 Hours)
It was rumored that the work crew was made up mostly of illegal aliens.
The guard gate at Mosaic was kept in an upright/open position because of all the workers coming and going at the time. The complex fence only went about ? of the way around the property.
There was not 24-hour security. The guard did not take down license plate numbers, stop or question anyone entering or leaving the property.
Jennifer carried mace, a whistle and used ?safe calls.? Jennifer?s mother later said that Jennifer?s cell phone was never turned off. (Note: Safe calls described as being on the phone with somebody while walking from the store to her car, her car to home.)
Rob Allen said in the 12 months they had been dating, they talked periodically throughout the day every day, every night before Jen went to bed, every morning before, when Jen woke up. It was their routine. Jennifer always woke up before Rob. She had to go to work before he did. So every day she would either call him just to say, Good morning, Have a great day, or just text him to wish him a great day, love you, that type of thing.

Saturday/Sunday, Jan 21 and 22, 2006

Jennifer and her boyfriend Robert Allen were in St. Croix on vacation, returning to Rob?s in Ft. Lauderdale on Sunday.
Jennifer?s younger brother Logan and several of his friends stay at Jennifer?s condo over the weekend while she was away. Logan?s friend left his cell phone in Jennifer?s condo.

Monday, Jan 23, 2006

~6:00AM - Jennifer left her Rob?s and drove directly to work at Westgate Resorts in Ocoee, FL. She worked a full day and left work at about 6PM.
PM - Jennifer spoke to her parents; she also spoke to her brother Logan. He said everything was normal ? she told him about her trip ? she seemed happy. She also spoke to Logan?s friend about shipping his cell phone back to him.
9:57PM ? Jennifer called her boyfriend Rob. Jennifer was in bed, was tired from the vacation, and had a long day at work. They talked briefly ? they both said they missed each other and were looking forward to the next time they were going to spend with each other.

Tuesday, Jan 24, 2006

7:17AM ? Sunrise in Orlando (temperature was in the low 60?s)
~7:00-8:00AM ? Construction/maintenance/painters/landscapers workers usually start work
~7:30-7:45AM ? Jennifer usually left for work. (Notes: Jennifer worked at Westgate Resorts in Ocoee, FL, which is NE of her condos, about 13 miles and 16 minutes driving time. She may have left a little earlier than usual to mail/drop Logan?s friend?s call phone. Jennifer would have had her keys, brown purse containing her wallet, ID, ATM card, an iPod, her cell phone, her brother?s friend?s cell, and a briefcase. On Jennifer?s floor only 2 out of the 4 condos were occupied ? and her neighbor was not in town. Drew Kesse said that every Tuesday, landscapers worked at the condo complex near his daughter's parking space. The landscapers said they didn't see Kesse leaving her apartment and getting into her car, which she did every weekday morning between 7:30 and 7:45 a.m.)
Time? Rob was running a little late for work, so he called Jennifer on the way into work but just got her voicemail. (Note: Jennifer always called Rob or text messaged him every morning, but she didn't that morning for the first time.)
~10-11:00? Rob had a meeting at 9AM. After the meeting, he called Jennifer again, and once again he got her voice-mail, which he thought was odd.
11:15 When Jennifer failed to show up for a meeting at work, her employer at Westgate Resorts couldn't reach her on her cell phone or at home, so they called her parents (ref CNN LKL). Jennifer?s mother called Jennifer at home and on her cell phone but it went right to voicemail. Jennifer?s mother/father called Rob to notify him that she hadn?t shown up for work.
12:00 Noon - Suspect parked Jennifer?s car at the Hunterdon on the Green condo complex, which is about 1 mile (2-5 min driving time and about 15 min walking time) from Jennifer?s condo. Suspect walked by gated pool area. (Notes: The time stamp on the photos are 1 hour later than the real time the photos were taken ? ref Orlando Sentinel. Suspect would have had Jennifer?s keys at that time.)
~1:00PM? Jennifer?s parents and her brother Logan left to drive the 2 hours from Bradenton, FL to Jennifer?s.
~1-3:00PM? While driving to Orlando, Jennifer?s mother called the condominium complex and asked if they could send some management to check out Jennifer?s condo.
~1-3:00PM? Two condo managers went over to Jennifer?s. Jennifer?s car was not parked in her space. The management then entered Jennifer?s condo. The door had been locked and nothing was disturbed.
~3:00PM? Jennifer?s parents and Logan arrived at Jennifer?s. There was nothing amiss in her condo - make-up out on the counter, hair dryer, what Jennifer wore to bed the night before on the bathroom floor, bed not made, a couple of outfits strewn on her bed, typical for Jen according to her mother. "Clean apartment. Shower was wet. Blow dryer out. Clothes on her bed. Other than that, the apartment was completely normal." There were no signs of forced entry, and no signs of a struggle. Jen's luggage was still in the front hall, untouched. But her purse, her keys, the cell phone(s), and iPod, which she always kept with her, were missing.
~3:00PM? Jennifer?s parents notify police after not finding her at home. They were met at Jennifer?s by both OC sheriff deputies and OPD deputies. Deputies asked Jennifer?s parents how old Jennifer was ? her parents replied ?twenty-four.? Deputies said ?She probably had a meltdown or a fight with her boyfriend. She?ll be back.? And they left. (Ref Drew/Joyce Kesse, Orlando Sentinel video.)
~3:30-5:00PM? Construction and maintenance workers at Mosaic finish work for the day
4:00PM ? Family/friends had fliers made and being distributed within the immediate area of her condominium
PM - Detectives checked for activity on her ATM card and "pinged" her phone to pinpoint its location. There was no response.
7:00PM - Police Sergeant Roger Brennan says they entered her into the system as a missing person and issued an alert for both Jennifer and her car. (Be On the Lookout - B.O.L.O. report issued at 9PM per Joyce Kesse ? Ref Orlando Sentinel video.)
Police could not search all of the units in Jennifer's complex because many were privately owned.

Wednesday, Jan 25, 2006

It was rumored that more than half the Mosaic work crew disappeared in the days after Jennifer vanished. (ref Drew Kesse, Daily Commercial)

Thursday, Jan 26, 2006

8:10AM ? Woman in HOTG noticed Jennifer?s car in parking lot after seeing it on the news and called police.

Car was found parked between a white Dodge pickup and a Jeep Cherokee.
Area described as a drug and high crime area and ?not nice part of town.?
The amount of gas in Jennifer's car seemed to indicate that her car wasn't driven very far on Tues morning. The gas tank was about half full, which police indicated was about right for a drive from Fort Lauderdale to Ocoee (where she worked) and then back home to the Mosaic.
The car doors were locked and the car keys were not found.
Jennifer?s DVD player was found in the backseat of the car. (Unknown whether she had it in her car for some reason already but detectives said it didn?t appear to be a robbery.)

In the car there was no sign of a struggle. (Note: Later report in May 2007 and Drew said in Dec 2008 there was a latent fingerprint and ?possible? DNA evidence found in the car but there had not yet been a match in any database searches.)
Any and all evidence inside the car was sent for further analysis to crime labs operated by the FBI and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

LE did a door-to-door knock-and-talk.
LE did a track with some bloodhounds from Jennifer?s car at HOTG.
An Orange County sheriff?s bloodhound (named Bo) followed a scent from the car back more than a mile to Jennifer?s condo complex. The trail bypassed the complex's only entrance and led to a stretch of fence separating the public sidewalk from its private grounds. Once the 6-year-old bloodhound entered the grounds, the dog picked up the scent inside the fence and went directly to a staircase leading to Kesse's second-floor condominium (ref St. Petersburg Times, Tampabay.com, Jan 27, 2006). Note: One report said the scent led to the front door of Jennifer?s condo and another report said it led to Jennifer?s parking spot. Drew said in CNN interview Dec 08 that the trail went back to her condo building. LE said in 48 Hours program the trail went back to Jennifer?s complex.
About 15 police officers searched the woods that afternoon behind Jennifer's condo.
cloudajo
08-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Timeline, cont'd - Part 2 of 2

Saturday, Jan 28, 2006

LE went back to both complexes to try to make contact with people who may not have been there during the weekday hours.

Thurs, Feb 2, 2006

Police, on foot and horseback, performed a grid search. Location was behind the DeVry Institute of Technology on Millenia Boulevard, not far from Jennifer?s condo on Conroy Road.
Kesse family establish website.

Sat, Feb 4, 2006 (12 days had elapsed)

Orlando police released two photos of a person walking past a gate at HOTG at the corner of Texas Avenue and Americana Boulevard. They say this is a ?person of interest? only (in one interview LE says the POI may have ?seen? the person driving Jennifer?s car). (Note: Although LE had the video showing this person ?driving? Jennifer?s car, they made a decision at the time not to release that information to the public, thinking they had a better chance of someone coming forward if only stated as a POI.)
More than 1,000 people volunteered to search for Jennifer.

Feb 6, 2006

Orlando police said they were getting tips from people who saw video images of a person sought as "a person of interest" in Jennifer?s case.
?We are also asking the public when they look at the image to reflect back on the time frame before and after Jan. 24, 2006 (at) 1200 noon of anyone they may have seen in the area of Texas Avenue and American Boulevard who may match the description provided."

Feb 7, 2006

Police searched for evidence at the abandoned Delta Orlando Resort, on Vineland Road near the intersection of I-4 and the Florida Turnpike. An Orlando police spokeswoman said vacant rooms were searched by members of the emergency response team and dogs trained to find dead bodies. No evidence was found.

Feb 8, 2006

Police revealed they conducted a lie-detector test on at least one person in connection with the disappearance of Jennifer.
Melissa Toot said she was questioned by a detective about an unsettling encounter at Jennifer?s Mosaic condominium complex, less than four weeks before Jennifer?s disappearance. Melissa, who was in Orlando from Chicago, visited the condominium complex's fitness center, and a friend of Jennifer?s said Jennifer did frequently work out there. Toot said that she had an encounter with an apparent workman that was so frightening she said she felt the need to leave immediately. "He kept staring and smiling and asking all these questions about what I was doing," Toot said. Toot said the man appeared to be working on the fitness center's front door until he became interested in her as she worked out alone. "I said, 'I love working out,' and he said, 'I can tell,'" Toot said. "Not just like any normal guy ... it made my skin crawl." Toot said she excused herself to go in to the cardio room and then bolted out of the building. "I couldn't tell you why it was so weird except it felt so wrong and so uncomfortable," Toot said. There's not enough detail in the person-of-interest photos released Saturday to know if he might be the man who approached Kesse, Toot said.

Feb 9, 2006

Orlando police announced that the clothes in the photos shown of the "person of interest" might be darker than they appear. Many people saw it and thought the person was wearing white or at the least very light clothing. But police say that light to medium colors can appear white to light gray in a black-and-white photo.
Greta Van Susteren from Fox News' On the Record in town to do a piece on the case.

Feb 11, 2006

Over 500 people scoured the area looking for Jennifer.
Search was along major roads in the vicinity of where Jenn lived and where her car was found. Looked for clothing, a wallet, purse/pocketbook, cell phone, identification and/or keys belonging to Jennifer, that may have been on the side of the road, a sidewalk or in the grass or wooded area immediately next to the roadway.

Feb 14, 2006

Reported that the FBI is assisting Orlando police. "They're gonna do some proportion work and try to give us a sensible range of the person's height," said Sgt. Rich Ring, OPD. "The source that we used for the enhancement is renowned and they've given us what they can give us as far as the clarity on that particular video," Sgt. Ring said. (Note: Drew advised later that the pictures were from a 30 yr old camera, were sent to NASA for work and also to Walmart's Missing Persons division where they do photo work too.)

Feb 21, 2006

Orlando Police announced in a news conference that the "person of interest" is between 5-foot-3 and 5-foot-5. They are not able to ascertain his -- his or her weight or ascertain his or her shoe size. They say they are still not specifying a gender because the information on the photographs is not specific enough.

April 24, 2006

David Siegel put up $250,000 as a reward for the safe return of Jennifer.

May 17, 2007 (over 15 months had elapsed)

LE announced publicly that person previously identified as a ?POI? is actually a ?Suspect? and confirms full video showed him driving Jennifer?s car. (They hoped the person they identified only as "a POI" previously might come forward if he/she didn't know police had video of the car being parked.)
OPD have fingerprint and possible DNA evidence from inside Jennifer Kesse's car. But so far that evidence does not match anyone in criminal databases (see References for video) (Note: News anchor on video says ?Cops say the have found a fingerprint and possible DNA from the person in the video? e.g., the suspect. Detective Wright advised in 2009 on HLN that they don?t have enough DNA for a profile.)

April 3, 2008

OPD released two new photos: one showing Jennifer?s four-leaf clover tattoo (on her left hip, about size of a quarter) and a brown purse she was believed to be carrying when abducted.

August 6, 2008

OPD assigned detective full-time to Jennifer?s case.

Very good timeline from F_J and very worth reposting!

Sandy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 10:17:28 AM »
Under this category, I read something that really hit me today.

"On Jennifer?s floor only 2 out of the 4 condos were occupied ? and her neighbor was not in town"

That means, on Jennifer's floor on the day of her disappearance, NONE of the condos were occupied, except for hers.  The floor was empty.

Who would know there would be nobody around that morning?  Who would know, that the one person who lived on her floor, would be out of town that morning?  Mosaic management?  They obviously had a key to her condo.  They went in, two people from Mosaic management went into her condo, when Joyce called them to say that Jennifer had not reported to work that day.

And reading through this timeline, it still bugs me, doesn't sit well with me, that Westgate, Jenn's employer, called the Kesses by 11 AM, to say that she hadn't shown up for work.  How did they know to call so soon?  I've had discussion after discussion about this subject with friends and family, and not one person has ever thought that their family would have been called so soon.  I know that Jenn was punctual, but I think people's first thoughts would have been "She overslept because of just getting back from vacation", or "She had a dentist appointment", etc.