Author Topic: hello all  (Read 3260 times)

T Ray

• View Profile
hello all
« on: February 02, 2016, 12:12:46 AM »
Hello fellow DB members.  I'm T Ray.  I've been following the Jennifer Kesse case for about a year.  In the past year, I have tried to absorb all of the information
available to me here about 800 miles from Orlando.  Let me say that I'm not a member of LE, nor am I a detective, nor am I trained in tracking and finding missing persons.  I am your everyday individual, who, like most of you, came across this case and it hasn't left me.  I also admit that I have no right to stick my nose into the Kesse's personal business, however, at times, Jennifer's story dominates my thinking.  I, like a lot of people, have a partial theory formed using the available info I've seen.  Unfortunately, there are gaps in my information.  Having said that, could one of you more familiar with the facts, please tell me about her cell phone on the night before her disappearance?  Was her phone turned off?  Was the battery removed?  Did it ping away from her condo after her conversation with Rob? Thank you for any answers you have.               

Find_Jennifer

• View Profile
Re: hello all
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 12:38:08 AM »
Hi T Ray, Welcome to the forum!

Jennifer talked to Rob from her landline, which means she was in her condo at 10p on the night of the 23rd. As far as the cell phone is concerned, based on reporting from Blink on Crime, the cell phone last pinged AWAY from Jennifer's condo and was powered down (battery removed) at approximately 10:40p on January 23. Since that time it has never given off a signal, nor has it ever been found. Blink did not reveal the last known ping of Jennifer's cell phone, but I had read from another forum member that it was around the area of S International. Based on information from Drew, Jennifer's father, it would appear that Jennifer typically used her cell phone as an alarm clock in the mornings.

There was another cell phone that was perhaps in Jennifer's possession at the time of her abduction. One of her brother's friends had left his phone there after spending the weekend at her condo. When her brother, Logan, asked her to ship the phone back, she said she would the next day, but she had not been back to her condo yet to even locate it. That phone was never found, but was believed to have lost battery power over the weekend.

Hope that helps!

T Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 12:08:46 AM »
Thank you F_J for your welcome and response.  I was aware of the phone that one of Logan's friends left in Jennifer's condo, but I didn't know she spoke to Rob on a landline.  The whole cell phone thing has puzzled me from the start.  Without the cell phone info, I can make some sense and possible opinion of what might have happened.  With the cell phone info, the waters are muddied.  Of course, you and I both know that this only happened one way.  And when the truth is finally known, all the pieces will fit perfectly.  Again, I showed up 9 years later, so I'm somewhat lacking.  Thanks again.

Find_Jennifer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 01:18:17 AM »
No problem - anytime!

What puzzles you about the cell phone info? What puzzles me when it comes to the phones is how Logan's friend's phone went missing as well. If someone showed up at her condo the night of the 23rd, I can understand Jenn taking her own phone, but why would she have the friend's phone with her if she was planning to send it the next morning at work? Unless it was just a coincidence and she had the phone in something that the abductor took (like her briefcase) because they were looking for something in her possession.

T Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 05:16:24 AM »
Well, being powered off or even having the battery removed, can be explained away, but pinging elsewhere that late at night, doesn't make sense.  Of course, I'm assuming that she was with the phone when it pinged elsewhere.  I guess that's where I could be going wrong.  My point is that she can't be taken after her call with Rob and still be there to prepare for work.  I believe she did get up and began getting ready for work.  My gut says that someone appeared at her door as she was getting ready for work.  I know it is well documented how safety oriented she was, but even Jennifer had a list in her mind of people around her that she would feel safe opening the door for should they appear there at reasonable hours.  Unfortunately, I feel it was someone she knew and trusted.  This person used a ruse to get her to take him somewhere in her car.  ( You know, "there's something wrong with my car, can you give me a ride to work?"  OR  "My car is not going any further, could you run me by my house so I can get the wife's car and come back and get it?")  Either of those sounds reasonable and would allow them both to walk out normally and without drawing attention.  His own car could even be sitting there in plain sight, which would also explain why POI's scent ended in her parking lot.  POI walked back to her condo area to get the car left by Perp #1.  This means there were two actively involved, but I'm getting ahead of myself.  Anyway, you get the opinion I've had for a long time.  Feel free to poke as many holes as you can.  I'm not claiming that's what happened exactly, just another possibility.     

T Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 05:21:47 AM »
Please forgive me if this scenario has already been stated.  I can't ever remember reading it anywhere. 

Find_Jennifer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 01:32:54 AM »
It's really so hard to say. There are reasons that I think she was taken at night -- mostly the cell phone being powered down at 10:40p on the 23rd. Then there are reasons I think she was taken in the morning -- her condo appearing as if it was actually her getting ready for work: clothes on the bed, makeup on the bathroom counter, damp towel hanging over the washer.

What makes me question the morning scenario is the fact that the shower was still damp at noon on the 24th. I did a test of my own shower once and reported on here what the status of the water droplets was on a near hourly basis. In doing a quick search on the forum, I can't find the post, but it's somewhere in the mix. I don't remember what the results were, but I don't think the shower was wet for 6 hours. Maybe 4 or 5 hours.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 12:39:38 AM by Find_Jennifer »

T Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 03:15:20 AM »
You know what?  I can't argue with your logic at all.  If you accept the possibility she was taken at night, then you stumble over the apartment looking as though she got up and took steps to go to work.  If you feel she did get up and was in the process of her daily routine, then you have the nagging cell phone evidence.  It's frustrating at the least.  If someone staged her morning routine, they did a great job, because the Kesse's feel that that's what she did.

Let me finish with my scenario, if for no other reason, to get it on the record.  During the time I waited to be accepted onto this discussion board, I think I read every post here.  How much did I absorb and am able to recall?  I don't know.  Anyway, in my reading, several times I read "Why HOG?"  "Why leave her car at HOG?"  In my scenario, I believe there are 2 reasons:

First let me remind you that I believe there were 2 active participants.  I'll refer to the first one as Perp #1.  He was responsible for getting Jennifer away from her condo to where she was taken.  Of course, the other person was POI.  His/her job was to dispose of her car and go back to Mosaic for the caqr that Perp #1 left that morning.

Ok, 2 reasons for HOG.
1.  HOG is reasonably close to Jenn's condo.  Well, within walking distance.  Also, it is noon, and POI, posed as some type of worker, should not stick out like a sore thumb.  Just another worker who walked to the store along that route for possibly lunch.  Now, he/she is walking back to Mosaic.

2.  I believe POI being caught on surveillance video was intentional.  Remember, in my scenario, POI is disguised and could care less if he/she is filmed or photographed.  Being caught behind those posts was just an added luxury.  Ok, why do I say that being caught on camera was intentional?  He/she was providing a cover or alibi for Perp #1.  Suppose someone had seen him walking with Jenn from her apartment to her car?  Oops!  But with POI delivering her car at HOG at noon, you can bet that Perp #1 was in the company of at least one person somewhere in the greater Orlando area.  No way could he have been involved in Jennifer's disappearance.......Not only that, if the surveillance video was not intentional, why didn't POI just drive to the far southwest corner of the HOG complex where his/her walk would have been shortened and was just maybe 6' from the sidewalk?  But, again, I'm assuming this was all planned out carefully. 

Ok, there's my opinion.  I guess it all goes back to what actually happened from the time when Jenn hung up with Rob until the sun arose the next morning.     

Find_Jennifer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 01:00:36 AM »
You raise some great points.

There very well could have been at least two parties involved in Jenn's disappearance, and POI could have been someone simply paid to park a car and/or give someone an alibi. I believe I even read at one time that HOG was known to be an area to "abandon things," which means whoever was involved knew the area well. Do you see a glove on his right hand? I believe I see a glove. What kind of person is THAT confident that they get out of the car wearing gloves?? POI clearly was not some innocent errand boy since he knew to wipe the car down for prints.

I was thinking last night that if the abduction had occurred at night, wouldn't POI have benefited from dropping the car off at night when it was still dark outside and most people would be sleeping? I don't know what kind of surveillance footage we would have if it was dark. Maybe the night was not easier because if someone saw him, the encounter would be more likely to stand out in their mind? You make a good point that if someone had questioned POI he could have said he was back from a lunch break or maybe dropping the car off for a friend after borrowing it during the day. Regardless of a nighttime or daytime abduction, the parties responsible are taking a huge risk having her car for ANY amount of time. At the most they had it for 14 hours and at the least, 5 hours. They wouldn't necessarily know who would notice Jenn missing in that amount of time and start looking for her.

Regarding the way Jenn's apartment appeared the morning of, it does look an awful lot like Jenn was the one in the condo that morning; even down to the towel over the washer. To me that was a weird thing, but apparently if she was going to wash the towel, that's exactly where she would have put it. I do, however, think about the fact that there are ways to know what Jenn's condo looked like in a typical morning. If it was someone who knew her well or someone who had access to her condo (and I'm not necessarily talking about access with permission) and if this was really as well planned as we sometimes feel it might have been, why wouldn't they be prepared to stage her condo? The more they can throw people off of the actual abduction time, the better for them. I would like to think that the towel in Jenn's condo was tested for her DNA, but given the sad start this case had, I'm guessing probably not.

Sandy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 08:05:41 PM »
FJ - something you said jumped out at me.  That Jenn had not yet located Logan's friend's phone.  Did she ever confirm she located it once she was back to her condo.  Maybe that phone was never lost in Jenn's condo but was lost elsewhere and then just lost power.

Hi T Ray, Welcome to the forum!

Jennifer talked to Rob from her landline, which means she was in her condo at 10p on the night of the 23rd. As far as the cell phone is concerned, based on reporting from Blink on Crime, the cell phone last pinged AWAY from Jennifer's condo and was powered down (battery removed) at approximately 10:40p on January 23. Since that time it has never given off a signal, nor has it ever been found. Blink did not reveal the last known ping of Jennifer's cell phone, but I had read from another forum member that it was around the area of S International. Based on information from Drew, Jennifer's father, it would appear that Jennifer typically used her cell phone as an alarm clock in the mornings.

There was another cell phone that was perhaps in Jennifer's possession at the time of her abduction. One of her brother's friends had left his phone there after spending the weekend at her condo. When her brother, Logan, asked her to ship the phone back, she said she would the next day, but she had not been back to her condo yet to even locate it. That phone was never found, but was believed to have lost battery power over the weekend.

Hope that helps!

Sandy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 08:09:47 PM »
Why would Jenn have Logan's friend's phone with her also?  Possibly because she was with Logan's friend.  Who else would know to take that phone.  Either the friend himself or her boss as she spoke to her boss about the missing phone. 

No problem - anytime!

What puzzles you about the cell phone info? What puzzles me when it comes to the phones is how Logan's friend's phone went missing as well. If someone showed up at her condo the night of the 23rd, I can understand Jenn taking her own phone, but why would she have the friend's phone with her if she was planning to send it the next morning at work? Unless it was just a coincidence and she had the phone in something that the abductor took (like her briefcase) because they were looking for something in her possession.

Sandy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 08:14:19 PM »
Welcome T Ray and your point number 2.  Seems so obvious now.  I too believe POI is in disguise. I especially believe he is wearing a cheap, curly black wig.  You are so correct.  He could have avoided the camera and he didn't. He spent time wiping down the car.  FJ believes he walked out with a glove on.  He struts past the camera and does not seem nervous at all.  Why?  Why be blatant about it all?

Find_Jennifer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 08:20:03 PM »
Hey Sandy,

To my knowledge Jenn never confirmed that she had found the phone, meaning there IS a possibility it wasn't even at her condo.

I've also wondered how the person who committed this crime knew to get rid of that phone. My two theories are that she had located the phone and placed it in her briefcase, which WAS taken, to ship the next day. Or the person knew the phone was in Jenn's possession and was somebody Jenn knew.

Or I guess the phone was not left behind in the condo to begin with. It was never found or returned to the owner, so it seems as if it was somehow in Jenn's possession.

T Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 04:25:21 AM »
Thank you Sandy.  Sorry for my absense lately, been doing a lot of reading.  Listen, I've imagined almost every possibility in every area of Jenn's disappearance.  For a while, I felt that POI would be pulled off even better as a woman.  The problem is he/she looks too much like a man.  Either way, 1 hour after that surveillance picture was taken, this person looked nothing like he/she did in that pic.  Thanks again, later......